The BioKryo Germany infrastructure encompasses 1000 m2 of storage area, divided into a freezer area (app 300 m2) for up to 160 freezers and a cryovessel area (approx. 700 m2) for up to 100 cryovessels.
The storage facility was adapted to needs for the storage of biological samples and the respective authorities’ requirements (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Environment, Saarland).
Integrated into the AIR LIQUIDE group and their European Biobanking Network, besides facilities in France and Italy, BioKryo Germany offers the duplication of collections at different sites of the network. BioKryo Germany guarantees high standards of security and quality for your samples as well as for the team members involved.
BioKryo Germany offers certifications and permissions as follows:
ISO 9001:2015 certification for the “storage of valuable biological materials by means of cryogenic technology”,
AABB (Association for the Advancement of Blood & Biotherapies) accreditation for “cell therapy activity: Cord blood storage and distribution”,
§ 20c AMG (German Pharmaceutical Act): Licence for the storage of human tissue or tissue preparations,
§ 52a AMG (German Pharmaceutical Act): licence for wholesale trading of medicinal products.
Stores samples with the following parameters:
- Storage temperatures 4 °C, -20 °C, -40 °C, -80 °C, below -130 °C, below -150 °C, -196 °C
- All types of formats (cryotubes, straws, cryobags, cassettes, boxes, bottles…)
- All origins (human, animal, plant, bacterial, virus…)
These possibilities result in reduced costs, time, and warehouse space.
- Eleven years’ storage experience to build the new facility
- Up-to-date cryovessels, freezers, control tools, safety systems, alarm systems
- Transportation tank of 1,600 liters (Stella)
- Automated LIN-filling and -monitoring
- Temperature tracking via internal freezer sensors, BioSafe Smart, BioSafe-β, and webthermographs
- Temperature loggers from ELPRO for Dry Shippers and DryIce
- Redundant water-cooled cooling system for freezers
- Redundant temperature control of all equipment
- Redundant & automatic control and regulation systems for each cryovessel
- Control and regulation of the nitrogen supply (approx. 15000 kg of LIN in stock tank)
- Back-up freezers and cryovessels
- Camera surveillance
- Access control (fenced, secured, and monitored building)
- Access restricted for authorized and qualified persons
- All equipment is locked separately
- Security for data associated with biological samples
- Nighttime and weekend guards
- Alarm system
- Oxygen deprivation alarm system
- CO2 Sensors in dedicated rooms
- Ventilation system
- Uninterrupted power supply
- Emergency diesel generator for minimum 24 hours of power supply
- Enhanced temperature monitoring every day and around the clock
- Alarm report to the person on call by phone, email, and SMS
- Intervention within one hour possible
Further features of the location
- Flood safe
- No atomic power plant nearby
Our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.